Here I am in Copenhagen, Denmark for four months. I'll be using this blog to chronicle my adventures, experiences, travels, and emotions while I'm abroad. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Villanova Reunion in Paris

Last weekend, NINE abroad Villanovans reuinted in Paris for a mid-semester study abroad get-together.

The crew:

Me, studying in Copenhagen.
Olivia Davis: Studying in Paris (provided the trundle bed for me and floor for 5 others! A champ.)
Sarah Moya: Studying in Dublin
Hope Tennery: Studying in Galway
Erin Digan: Studying in Galway
Denis Whelan: Studying in Alcalá, Spain
Rosa Altomare: Studying in Alcalá
Sarah Dunbar: Studying in London
Caroline Garger: Studying in Milan

I arrived in Paris Thursday night with directions to the metro stop nearest Olivia's apartment and her international phone number in hand. Upon attempting to call her at about 11:30pm upon my arrival, though, my phone refused to connect with hers. The call would not go through. I didn't have her address. I didn't have internet. Trying not to panic after several places were closed or would not offer me internet and almost resigning to sleep on the street, I begged a cafe for a minute of internet. The owner agreed. I had time to send Olivia a frantic facebook message before, oh, the power went out and I again was in the dark.

10 minutes later, though, Olivia came strolling down the street to rescue me. Seeing her for the first time was such an awesome feeling. We spent the summer together seeing each other every single day and living in the same room. A reunion was only natural.

We got to her (beautiful) apartment and Skyped with Wes and JJ for a few hours, which was wonderful!! Then, Hope and Erin arrived and we all spent the early hours of the morning catching up. Being around Villanovans, like I said about Dee and Marissa, was unspeakably relieving. It's so comfortable, easy, and natural.

Because I'm posting about 5 blogs posts today, this will be less detailed. I want to list the highlights we saw and just let everyone know that it was an incredible weekend together. There are pictures below.

Some highlights of what we saw/ did:

-Eiffel Tower
-Traveling exhibit of bears from each country of the world (see pics below)
-Eat Crepes
-The Louvre
-Notre Dame
-Arc de Triomphe
-Funiculaire to Mont-Marte and Sacre Cœur
-Rained all day on Saturday
-Palace of Versailles


Eiffel Tower

Ireland bear with abroaders from Ireland

Spain

Denmark

Arc de Triomphe

Notre Dame

Notre Dame

Villanova at Versailles

 Villanova at Versailles


Eating Mousse and being a moose

Hearing about everyone's time abroad, sharing cultural stories and differences, exchanging things we've learned or hope to learn, and spending time together in Paris was such a treat. I love this group. I can't wait to get back to Villanova with all of you and share more of what we learned around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment