Here I am in Copenhagen, Denmark for four months. I'll be using this blog to chronicle my adventures, experiences, travels, and emotions while I'm abroad. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Long Study Tour: London

I went directly from Paris to London where I met with my European Trends in Communication class for a 5 day study tour in London.

I did a terrible job taking pictures, but we did a lot of great things. I did not, however, see the sun ONE TIME the entire week. It's sunny today in Copenhagen. Rare, but thank goodness after a full week of rain. I'm so over rain.

Highlights: (Pictures are below the list)

-Stayed at the Thistle City Barbican
-Saw Saatchi Gallery (Modern, mostly unkown artists)
-Famous Jamie's Italian restaurant
-BBC Television Center tour and visit
-Harrods
-Burson-Marsteller Public Relations firm
-Lectures from Carol Nahra and Nick Anstead
-Oxford Street (and bought jeans from Uniqlo!!)
-Marble Arch
-London Eye (again...)
-Saw Wicked (by myself...) on the West End
-Stonehenge and a reunion with Liz and Will Slinger
-Bath, England and the ancient Roman baths
-Lord's Cricket Grounds
-Afternoon tea

Things I noticed:

-Seeing Wicked made me miss my family a lot. I haven't seen a musical in a long time and I associate it with them.

-I could see myself working at a PR firm like Burson-Marsteller, which really surprised me. I have shied away from PR for a while now.

-I never shop in CPH, but bought some clothes in London!

-I am happy while I travel. I stay busy and love seeing things and moving around and tiring myself out.

-Seeing Liz and Will Slinger, some very dear friend who I haven't seen in far too long, was perfect. I'd like to plan a trip back to England for a weekend to spend some more time with them.

-Cricket is a weird sport.

-Bath, England is gorgeous.

Kensey and Michelle on the Tube escalator. I feel like I spent half my time in London the the tube.

BBC TV Center

Kensey and Kate at Burson-Marsteller

Reunion with Liz!!

So good to see William :)

Stonehenge. Reminds of the shirt Luke has that says Stonehenge Rocks!

Bath, England. Orange Grove.

Roman Baths at Bath, England

Roman Baths at Bath, England

Bath, England

Bath, England.

Overall, the study tour was great. I have some complaints about the disorganization of the planning, but I understand it's hard to coordinate 35 twenty-year-olds.

I got back to Copenhagen at 12:30am last night. At 2am, I skyped in to VSMT's performance of Lucky Stiff. I didn't even mind being awake until 4:30am. I was so glad to see all these people I love completely in their element at Villanova. It was wonderful.

I'm back in CPH now for a couple of weeks. Will keep everyone posted. This concludes my five blog posts in a row!!

No comments:

Post a Comment