Here I am in Copenhagen, Denmark for four months. I'll be using this blog to chronicle my adventures, experiences, travels, and emotions while I'm abroad. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Establishing a Routine

About 9 days after getting here, I finally feel as though I'm falling into a sort of routine.


 Pretty flowers for your viewing pleasure

Mondays: Class 8:30am-4:10pm
Tuesdays: No class! Volunteer for a couple of hours at Mødrehjælpen (Mother's Help)
Wednesdays: Field Studies for classes 8:30- 4:30 & Global Action House 6:30-8:30ish
Thursdays: Class 8:30am-4:10pm
Friday/Saturday/Sundays: No class and exploration!

Looking at the calendar of the months ahead makes me realize how CRAZY this semester is going to be:

September 3-7: Core Course week; Three days in Western Denmark followed by 2 days intensive core course (European Trends in Communication) lectures, class, and field studies.
September 27-October 8: Free travel, definitely visiting Caroline in Milan for part of this break

Side note: Dee and Marissa are trying to plan a visit to Europe to see Bri, Marissa's friend Walton, and me for October 12-17. Which would be phenomenal to say the least. It's not finalized yet, but my fingers are crossed SO hard.

October 20- 28: "Long Study Tour": going to London for a week with my class
November 9-18: Parents visit for a week of free travel!
December 15: Flight back to JFK


Yesterday was very productive:

1. Went to the glass market (called Torvehallerne, which I can't say for my life), ate authentic danish Smørrebrød (open faced sandwiches on dense rye bread) for the first time. They aren't just a meal, they're gorgeous! Torvehallerne reminds me of a smaller version of La Boqueria in Barcelona.


Smørrebrød

Smørrebrød


Torvehallerne Attractions

Torvehallerne Attractions
2. Visited (biked!) to Mødrehjælpen, where I'll be volunteering! I met some staff members, got acquainted with the thrift shop I'll be organizing, and chatted with the friendly Danes in the neighborhood. I'm very excited to start volunteering there weekly.

3. Went to "Cafe Night" at a restaurant called Cafe 22 with my entire Danish class! DIS paid for us to all go to dinner together and we ate authentic Danish cuisine at the Cafe in lower Nørrebro.

4. Skyped with Minor Problem's officers for the first officer meeting of the semester! Minor Problem is one of the biggest things I'm missing while abroad, so staying involved is phenomenal for me. :) I'm lucky that they're willing to skype me in to their events/meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment