Here I am in Copenhagen, Denmark for four months. I'll be using this blog to chronicle my adventures, experiences, travels, and emotions while I'm abroad. Enjoy!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 2: Jetlag & Exploration

Day 2:

So far, I'm alive. Jet lag is actually as horrible as they say. I've never ben jet-lagged like this before... going through orientation today felt like a blur. We spent the morning with all 600 (700?) DIS students at the beautiful Royal Danish Academy of Music. We were welcomed by the director of DIS, past DIS students, the mayor of integration in Copenhagen. We explored the city for a few hours, getting lost in little side streets. I'm learning a lot already. This city is truly beautiful. And it's small. It's intimate, old, and vibrant. I can definitely see myself living here for the next four months. 


That being said, though, I already miss home and I I hate that I'm not at Villanova with the people (and places) I love. Living so far away is new and it's hard. Not to worry- I'll soon be distracted by 5 courses (European Trends in Communication, Scandinavian Crime Fiction, Women, Art, & Identity, Kierkegaard's Authorship, and Danish Language), volunteering for "Mødrehjælpen" (Mother's Help, which supports single parents with legal and practical aid), possibly joining the DIS choir, and traveling! There are definitely exciting things in store. Until later... 

1 comment:

  1. OK, so yesterday I posted a fabulous comment, but it's not here. It certainly said things like I'm so excited for you blah blah blah. But probably it just said keep time for yourself just to enjoy the experience! You're already so busy! Love and miss you. xoxox Mom

    ReplyDelete