Here I am in Copenhagen, Denmark for four months. I'll be using this blog to chronicle my adventures, experiences, travels, and emotions while I'm abroad. Enjoy!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Weekend in Andover

I spent the weekend in Andover, England (near Winchester, southwest of London) visiting some very dear friends of mine.

South African (or Australian...) flowers I brought for Liz

George's room (my temporary bedroom) repping America and England :)

I've known the Slinger family (Nick, Liz, William, and George) since I was about 7 years old and they were living near us in America. Seeing them was phenomenal. I spent the weekend lounging on the couch with tea in hand, being fed, sleeping in an amazing bed, and being "mom-ed" by people I love dearly. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. We visited the pub Will is working in, I visited George at his University, explored Winchester, had a Thanksgiving dinner, tried Yorkshire pudding, and just had a lovely weekend together. I couldn't be happier.

[Little hiccup in my plan: I was meant to leave London, connect in Frankfurt, Germany, and return to Copenhagen at 10pm Sunday night. My flight from London was delayed 3 times (once for weather, once for a medical emergency on board, and lastly for a faulty engine), forcing me to stay overnight in Germany on Lufthansa's dime. Thanks to Mama Savoca calling the airline, I got put on a 7am flight back to CPH, where I went directly from the airport to my Danish final exam. Whoops! Hope that went alright...]

I'm in Copenhagen for the rest of the weekdays, then I'm off to the Vienna christmas markets for my final trip of the semester this weekend!! I'm going with Casey, Aimee, and Em from my house, and we'll be meeting Caroline Garger, Sarah Moya, and Olivia Davis in Austria!!

No comments:

Post a Comment